Developing a trail system in eastern Vilas County requires a multitude of skills and a multitude of people to help. With no paid staff, we depend on our volunteers. Would you like to be one of them?
Check out the partial list of volunteer opportunities below or download a more comprehensive list. Don’t see anything you’re interested in? Call us at 715-617-0080 or email us at email@example.com and tell us how you’d like to help.
Like to be part of events?
Our SepTimber ride needs you!
- Help plan this annual bicycle ride that generates funds for trail development
- Work with local businesses to obtain raffle prizes and door prizes
- Help register ride participants
- Work in our food booth
- Help with setup
- Work one of the water stations
- Or check out one of many more opportunities to get involved.
Wendy and Mary take a break from volunteering
at the SepTimber Ride.
Volunteers also are needed for other special events, including ribbon cuttings, kickoff bicycle rides, and our annual meeting.
Like to talk with people?
- Staff our informational booth at the Eagle River Farmer’s Market & elsewhere
- Make presentations to civic groups, lake associations and other organizations
- Speak at town board meetings
- Be a GHT ambassador to the public
Staffing the GHT information booth
Do you enjoy using social media?
- Keep our website up to date and our Facebook page fresh and active
- Add new dimensions to our social media presence via Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram, and other platforms
- Design print materials: posters, brochures, etc.
- Create displays for presentations and our information booth
Are you skilled in photography?
- Photograph events for publication, our website & Facebook
- Create video presentations
- Use a GoPro camera to capture cycling action & fun
- Identify trail locations using aerial photography
Do you have professional skills you’re willing to share?
We always need the help of people knowledgeable about:
- Financial Planning
- Graphic Design
- Website development
Volunteers setting up the Eagle River Connector.