Developing a trail system in eastern Vilas County requires a multitude of skills and a multitude of people to help. With no paid staff, we depend on our volunteers. Would you like to be one of them? Check out the partial list of volunteer opportunities below or download a more comprehensive list. Don’t see anything you’re interested in? Call us at 715-617-0080 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and tell us how you’d like to help.
Like to talk with people?
- Staff our informational booth at the Eagle River Farmer’s Market & elsewhere. SIGN UP TO STAFF THE BOOTH THIS SUMMER!
- Make presentations to civic groups, lake associations and other organizations
- Speak at town board meetings
- Be a GHT ambassador to the public
Staffing the GHT information booth
Like to be part of events?
- Help plan these annual events that generates funds for trail development
- Work with local businesses to obtain sponsors, raffle prizes and door prizes
- Help register ride participants
- Work in the food booth
- Help with setup
- Work one of the water stations
- Or call to check out many more opportunities to help.
Volunteers also are needed for other special events, including ribbon cuttings, kickoff bicycle rides, and our annual meeting.
Do you enjoy using social media?
- Keep our website up to date and our Facebook page fresh and active
- Add new dimensions to our social media presence via Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram, and other platforms
- Design print materials: posters, brochures, etc.
- Create displays for presentations and our information booth
Are you skilled in photography?
- Photograph events for publication, our website & Facebook
- Create video presentations
- Use a GoPro camera to capture cycling action & fun
- Identify trail locations using aerial photography
Do you have professional skills to share?
We always need the help of people with expertise in:
- Financial Planning
- Graphic Design
- Website development
Volunteers setting up the Eagle River Connector.